Gene Wieneke

Monday, October 31, 2005

Maybe the City will listen now

Since mid-August I have been telling you and the City that paving Huron with new asphalt before ratifying the seepage problem from Croke reservoir would be a financial mistake. I stated my opposition in my flyer and elsewhere on this log. On the City's web page they have been assuring you the reservoir is not a problem.
/
I contacted a former employee who has considerable experience in municipal civil engineering. He has no loyalty to me or a political reason for not rendering a straight-forward honest opinion. I faxed him the geotechnical report relied on by the City. His detailed response will be posted on www.northglenn-watch.org tonight. Here are his warnings concerning the project:
/
1) They should not asphalt without reconstructing the existing base.
2) Seepage mitigation and widening the reservoir embankment work should occur first.
3) New asphalt over an existing faulty base is asking for future failures (i.e., deferring maintenance costs).
/
Whether I am elected to office or not, I will use all means at my disposal to make sure the City has reliable information before making a final decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home