Gene Wieneke

Saturday, September 03, 2005

A Tribute to Bill Goodspeed

I met Bill last year when he heard about my efforts to publicize the proposed recreation center project. In a short time he started to share a tremendous amount of information concerning activities at the City. With over twenty years of public service behind him, I found his grasp of municipal issues to be the most comprehensive of any member of any Council I had previously served. It was through his insight that we were able to demonstrate to the public the serious problems with the use of the Water Fund and the recreation center expansion project.

For a few years Bill will be missing from his Council chair but he will be ever present defending you and keeping an eye on all of the candidates who take an oath to serve you come January. Bill was our choice to run for Mayor this year. Many of you had been contacted by his friends and supporters in a genuine effort to encourage him to run. I was one of them. I look forward to his continual involvement in protecting Northglenn's future. Thank you Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home