Gene Wieneke

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Mayor Novak's response to the election

Fifty-four percent of you looked at your ballots and said anyone but Novak for Mayor. Yet, she is quoted in the Sentinel as stating, “I think the vote says that residents support the direction the city is going in.” Another statement is paraphrased as, Despite the challenges of the last year, she has learned from the experience and criticism. Another quote is, “I have learned that we need to have better communication with our citizens.”
/
Let me interpret her statement to mean the following. “Even though the misguided majority of the voters do not approve of the direction I have taken the City, I can convince them that it is in their best interest with a better public relations effort.”
/
After reviewing the City’s list of payables for the last four months, I can give you the cost of this communication. The following are average monthly costs: $6,900 for the Connection newsletter and $2,500 for Channel eight programming. The public relations firm has a minimum of $5,000 per month. Two staff members assigned to this area has a combined salary of $90,000 per year.
/
If the Mayor has seen the light I would ask that she stop blocking my request and offer, from last June, to conduct a detailed, accurate and reliable survey of all residents on the future of the recreation center.

2 Comments:

  • Thank you for expressing your feelings with regard to the information I have presented since August. Yes, it has been negative but accurate. There are no untruths or deceptions in the information presented.

    As far as my comment on Robin Tichy, I have modified the post to reflect the first example of her arrogance rather then the interperation of her attitude. I would now offer all a quote from the dictionary: Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.

    It is always hard to think and accept bad things about people we admire. I urge you to review all my postings again from a different prespective. And, then do some research and verifying on your own.

    I will be continuing my postings on affairs in the city so I urge you to check back weekly. I do care about the future of our city.

    By Blogger Gene Wieneke, at 7:30 AM  

  • I have a choice and I felt your comments should be public, hence the publication. I did not change the archiving. I did reduce the number of posts on the main page to reflect post election activities. I will maintain a positive position on behalf of the residents. If there are negative comments about the elected officials it will only be because they have or are about to make a decision that is of concern to the residents.

    By Blogger Gene Wieneke, at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home