Gene Wieneke

Friday, July 28, 2006

Comment Response

Some comments on my last posting have advanced the theory that Ms Cullen was doing the Council a big favor by assuming the position of Interim Manager. Phil Nelson sent an email to all employees on the morning of Saturday February 11th. Just over 28 hours later, after conversing with the Mayor, Ms Cullen sent an email to all employees. You be the judge.

Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:01:07 -0700Subject: Message to all employees/To all employees,/By now you have probably had a chance to read Phil's letter that he emailedto you on Saturday./Although saddened by his decision to resign, I, and I am sure all of you,honor and respect Phil's decision and wish him well./I have accepted the responsibility of Interim City Manager while CityCouncil engages in their search process for a new City Manager forNorthglenn./I want to assure you that the City will continue to function with stabilityand surety during this time of transition. The Management andLeadership Team members are working extremely well together. We willcontinue to utilize this strong team approach to manage the City./We are currently finishing up with our work on 2006 Outcomes for eachService Center. These outcomes will serve as guide posts as we continuealong the path laid out by City Council's goals./The Mayor and I will meet with the Management Team on Monday at 10am.Following that meeting, I will ask each Service Center Manager to meet withtheir team to hear concerns and communicate what has been discussed./If you have any specific questions that you would like to ask me directly,please feel free to come and see me or send me an e-mail. I will publish myschedule for the week by the end of the day Monday so you will know when Iam in my office./Please know that I have a strong commitment to stability during this time.Please continue with all of your good work as you always have as we workthrough this transition./I have every confidence in our exceptional City Staff and I expect that we willcontinue to move forward together as we work to reinvigorate and bringeconomic sustainability to our City./See you Monday,Leslie

The "/s" in the paste were added to depict the orginal paragraph breaks in her email.

1 Comments:

  • Yes, as deputy city manager she became interim city manager after Phil was forced out. As such she communicated this to city staff in a businesslike and professional way - so what? What exactly is your point? Why do you always manage to find something sinister in the most mundane events? Good grief - get a hobby or something.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home