Gene Wieneke

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Amendment 38 Supplemental

I need to modify my last posting on Amendment 38 as it pertains to the source of the Whereas I found objectionable. It seems that the Northglenn City Council adopted a model or sample resolution written by the Colorado Municipal League.

During my career as a City Manager in Colorado I learned early on that the cities’ advocate in the State, CML, was an institution that fought and fought hard for local control. It is a valuable resource that cities normally can count on for good advice. I was not happy to learn that CML had prepared such a one-side and inflammatory resolution.

My apology to the Northglenn City Council. I only wish the members and City Attorney had read through it more carefully before its adoption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home