Gene Wieneke

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Let's Taunt Gene Now

Let’s recall Gene right now. Darn, we can’t even file a recall petition until after July 10th. I guess it’s time to build a case on “what he is going to do” and let’s start before he is sworn in.

What’s our strategy? I know, create a monster in people’s mind and then tear him down. Exaggerations, fabrications and even total lies are acceptable because no one will be able to track down the source. The outcome of the election was a big mistake and we need to right the ship as soon as possible. Any technique to accomplish our goal is acceptable in hard-ball politics.

There is another thing we could do between now and July utilizing the old saying about separating the kernel from the chaff. We have seen his campaign issues on his web site, wardfour.info. We can take his positions and allege that they will lead to alarming conclusions. To that we will make up some additional predictions.

When he actually votes for one of the issues he does support, we can then say, I told you so. We have proof that he will do all the things we have alleged. The residents will never take the time or be able to separate the kernel from the chaff. This hard-ball technique will also have another benefit; blackmail. If he doesn’t back off from pursuing his goals for the city, we can use our fabrications in the recall election. We’ll get him.

I have been reading other blogs, comments and taking phone calls for several days now trying to get to the bottom and source of the campaign that has been leveled at me. I criticized the council for their lame duck actions using three examples. All of the sudden it was turned into something entirely different for future political gain.

In this posting I tried to put a spotlight on what has been going on, and what to look forward to in the days ahead. Like anyone else would, I ask for three things. Please wait until I get in office and then judge my voting record. Second, Ward Four residents have my email and phone number so just ask. Third, separate the kernel from the chaff. Thanks

4 Comments:

  • Wow, who would have known that "Gene Personal Attack Wieneke" lives in a glass house!

    After all the direct personal attacks you have made at the people trying to make this city a better place and now a little heat gets turned on you for some of your own half truth editorials and you are crying about this campaign leveled at you before you are even in office!

    Lets hope you have thicker skin than it appears because it takes a lot more of a person to sit up there in the seat and discuss the issues constructively and cast a vote than what you've been doing...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 PM  

  • Fair enough, Gene. You ask for three things. How about a little "quid pro quo". We'll give you your three things if you answer three "yes or no" questions:

    1. Will you support the current development, which I understand is well underway, at 120th?

    2. Is it your intention to fire the City Manager?

    3. Is it your intention to reduce salaries for City employees?

    Now let me tell you why I ask these questions: I own two homes in Northglenn... I live in one, I rent the other to a family member. I WANT THESE INVESTMENTS TO INCREASE IN VALUE!!! I think it's absolutely essential the retail center has to occur. If it doesn't I think our property values will plummet. It has to. Northglenn can't afford services without money from retail. Simple as that. The only way to make this happen is to not interefere with the progress that has been made. I think that firing the city manager will interefere with progress. I think that City Council has to work with city employees, and efforts to interefere with their paychecks will make it impossible to work with them.

    See? Simple. Three easy answers, here on your website. Answer them correctly, with a yes or no (and no "waffling"... you know right now what you intend)- I go away and leave you alone.

    What do you say gene?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

  • Dear ngc, when you identify yourself to all, all will receive some responses.

    By Blogger Gene Wieneke, at 1:57 PM  

  • Ah gene that would "spoil the fun". I could be anyone. And I'll tell you, there are two really good reasons why I won't say. I have a lot of friends and if you know who I am they won't tell me anything anymore. Why? Because they're scared that you and your "croneys" will harm them. And I think it is good for you to not know where these "little jabs" are coming from. Keeps you on your toes. But I will tell you that everything I say is and will be true and I can prove it- just ask if you have questions. So I guess THAT IS MY IDENTITY. But it doesn't surprise me that you're waffling. Telling your constituents what you really think and what you intend for our City... that's your job. Hiding behind me is kind of a lame excuse. So Gene- do you support the development? Do you plan to fire the City Manager? Do you plan to reduce salaries? Or are you going to keep hiding and making excuses? The answers are important, and it doesn't matter who is asking the questions.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home